PostDoctoral Research Fellow
PostDoctoral Research Fellow
Santa Clara University
Department, Program, Center: Bioengineering
Specialty or Subdiscipline:
College or School: School of Engineering
Postdoctoral position is available in Zhiwen Jonathan Zhang's laboratory at the Bioengineering Department at School of Engineering in Santa Clara University. We are interested in development of new type of anti-MRSA drugs- antiinfectives.
Salary: Based on experience and education
Education: Doctor of veterinary medicine; Doctor of Medicine; PhD in Pharmaceutical science or equivalent.
Training: laboratory and field research/experimentation in physiology and anatomy.
Experience: 2 years of relevant experience
Language: Fluent in English and Chinese
The qualified person will carry out the studies of pharmacokinetics and pharmaco-toxicity for drug candidates that resulted from cell-based high throughput screenings.
Key responsibilities of this position include but not limited to:
• Conceptualize and conduct short-term experiments and research activities in support of broad- based/longitudinal research projects, ensuring consistency with established methodological approaches and models, adherence to project timelines, and completeness of documentation;
• Conduct studies of related literature and research to support the design and implementation of projects and development of reports, ensuring conceptual relevance, comprehensiveness, and currency of information;
• Write and publish articles in peer-reviewed journals/digests that highlight findings from research
and experimental activities ensuring consistency with the highest standards of academic
publication and showcasing the program’s scientific leadership;
• Communicate to my research teams with developments/progress and results of research activities ensuring that relevant information and issues in the implementation of projects/experiments are captured in as comprehensive and timely manner as possible;
• Develop collaborative links with core scientific personnel in related program areas to gain exposure to, and build knowledge on experimental/research activities and approaches, in order to subsequently improve conceptual development and implementation of existing programs;
• Utilize appropriate and current techniques/protocols in experimental laboratory management to ensure integrity and security of experimental process, comprehensive documentation, and replicability of experimental procedures;
• Design and organize databases along project frameworks and experimental research design that support overall research management, including the monitoring and evaluation of project inputs, actions, and outcomes, as well as the subsequent integration of these databases to other databanks (with my permission);
• Identify areas of improvement within the research structure using integrated management approaches in pursuit of capacity building/strengthening and the preservation of scientific rigor in research studies.
Santa Clara University does not sponsor any visa applications for this position. The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The institution will assist candidate with a J-1 Visa, if needed.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to http://apptrkr.com/1025798
About Santa Clara University
Santa Clara University is a comprehensive Jesuit, Catholic university located in California’s Silicon Valley, offering its 8,800 students rigorous undergraduate curricula in arts and sciences, business, and engineering, plus master’s, Ph.D., and law degrees.
Distinguished by the highest retention rate and ranked second among all master’s universities in the West by U.S. News and World Report, Santa Clara University is California’s oldest operating institution of higher-education. The University is focused on creating an academic community that educates citizens and leaders who will build a more just, humane, and sustainable world.
Santa Clara University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.
Santa Clara University annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Santa Clara University report, please go to the Campus Safety Services website at http://www.scu.edu/cs/. To request a paper copy please call Campus Safety at (408) 554-4441. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.