Assistant/Senior Assistant Director of Admissions/ Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator
This position lends expertise to the strategic enrollment for diversity and inclusion for College of the Holy Cross. Responsibilities involve participation in a full range of admission activities including representing the College to a variety of outside constituencies, developing and implementing recruitment and travel strategies, interviewing applicants and working with families, reviewing applications, public speaking, leading and assisting in office projects and programs, and working closely with college staff and faculty. Responsible for prospect management, travel and increasing the quality, diversity and inclusiveness of the candidate pool in a range of geographic areas. The Assistant/Senior Assistant Director of Admissions/Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Admissions. Works collaboratively with the Offices of Financial Aid and Student Affairs and the Diversity and Inclusion Leadership Team (DLT).
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Recruit students through on-campus, digital, and off-campus information sessions, high school visits and tours, email correspondence, and one-on-one meetings with counselors, students, and families
- Coordinates all on-campus programming targeting ALANA and first generation students
- Manage the travel, transcript and file evaluation
- Participates in the Admission committee selection process
- Demonstrates a commitment to equity and access in education, and a strong interest in contributing to office-wide recruitment efforts with particular focus on achieving college enrollment goals for diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated success in recruiting, excellent writing abilities, and strong technology skills are desired.
Bachelor's degree required. Three to five years of experience in working college admissions with particular focus on ALANA student recruitment. Understanding of the value of a liberal arts education in the Jesuit tradition. Excellent strategic thinking abilities. Cultural competency required. Strong written and verbal communication skills including public speaking skills required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required. Valid driver's license.