Coordinator of Social Media, Events, and Administration
Coordinator of Social Media, Events, and Administration
Santa Clara University
Department: Sch of Educ, Counsel, Psych
Part Year: No
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Standard Hours (hours per week): 40
The Coordinator of Social Media, Events, and Administration assists the Enrollment Management and Student Services offices of the School of Education and Counseling Psychology (SECP ). The position is the point person for our social media efforts (Facebook, Linked In, Instagram, etc), assists with School events, and also provides administrative support to the staff in the Enrollment Management and Student Services office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain and develop social media efforts of the School of Education and Counseling Psychology. (60%)
• Design, write, and/or edit content for social media communications
• Collaborate with the Web & Technology Coordinator, maintain and improve the Admissions and Student Services portion of the SECP website.
• Maintain assigned social media accounts for SECP .
• Propose and implement creative improvements to the website and our social media accounts.
• Ensure the website and social media accounts are active, current, and helpful to current and future students.
• Ensure consistent and effective messaging across all platforms
• Photographs/records events and/or coordinates professional photography as needed
2. Events Planning (20%)
• Coordinates the logistical planning and implementation of SECP events such as new student orientations or admissions information sessions.
• Works with Dining Services (catering), Media Services, Facilities, and other campus support units as necessary to execute events
• Schedules and coordinates events to minimize scheduling conflicts
• Maintains timely and effective communications about events via emails, social media, and other methods
• Coordinates and/or assists with implementation of internal SECP events, such as all-staff meetings, staff retreats, staff welcome receptions, etc.
3. Administrative Support for the Enrollment Management & Student Services Office (20%)
• Maintain event calendar for admissions and student services events
• Communicate applicable deadlines and due dates to internal and external audiences.
• Ensure administrative support is provided to the Enrollment Management and Student Services team
• Maintain and track office supplies and copier usage
• Process Concur transactions and accounts payable as requested
• Sort and distribute mail; prepare outgoing mail
• Manage and supervise special projects as assigned
• Track required Peoplesoft data and run Peoplesoft queries when required
• Assist with Student Services Filemaker database
• Answer telephone, greet and direct visitors, make referrals as appropriate
• Direct inquiries to appropriate departments and offices
• Manage and refer student inquiries
• Serve as the first point of contact for visitors of Guadalupe Hall.
Provides Work Direction:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience required or preferred.
This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, the California Fair Employment & Housing Act, and all other applicable laws, SCU provides reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities. A qualified individual is a person who meets skill, experience, education, or other requirements of the position, and who can perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Working at a computer terminal.
• Required to travel to other buildings on the campus.
• Required to travel within a 200 mile radius
• Require to attend national conferences
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Typical office environment.
• Mostly indoor office environment.
• Offices with equipment noise.
• Offices with frequent interruptions.
• Intimate knowledge of social media platforms
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office suite in addition to personnel and financial systems (PeopleSoft Student, PeopleSoft Financial, People Admin).
• Ability to use Windows and Apple platforms required
• Ability to use Office Suite applications
• Understand and support the values and ideals of Jesuit education.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially when dealing with sensitive issues and situations.
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to accuracy and detail.
• Demonstrated ability to balance and respond to a complex and wide variety of demands.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the school and across campus.
• Professional service-oriented demeanor.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• One to three years related experience
• Experience in higher education and academic administration
Salary Information: Hiring Range: $23.69 - $27.23 per hour
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to http://apptrkr.com/1038304
About Santa Clara University
Santa Clara University is a comprehensive Jesuit, Catholic university located in California’s Silicon Valley, offering its 8,800 students rigorous undergraduate curricula in arts and sciences, business, and engineering, plus master’s, Ph.D., and law degrees.
Distinguished by the highest retention rate and ranked second among all master’s universities in the West by U.S. News and World Report, Santa Clara University is California’s oldest operating institution of higher-education. The University is focused on creating an academic community that educates citizens and leaders who will build a more just, humane, and sustainable world.
Santa Clara University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.
Santa Clara University annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Santa Clara University report, please go to the Campus Safety Services website at http://www.scu.edu/cs/. To request a paper copy please call Campus Safety at (408) 554-4441. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.