Associate Director for Faculty Center for Ignatian Pedagogy
The FCIP mission encourages excellence in teaching by facilitating the role of faculty in the formation of the student as a whole person. The Center promotes the implementation of creative teaching strategies that reflect the intellectual, social and spiritual context of today’s students. Four strategies guide the Center’s work:
• Promote the principles of Ignatian pedagogy and teaching that encourage transformative education;
• Promote, facilitate, and formally recognize teaching excellence;
• Encourage effective use of new technologies in teaching and learning, including online learning;
• Foster research in application of Ignatian pedagogy across the University and beyond.
• Promote the principles of instruction that support transformative education, including coordinating, developing, and delivering professional teaching development programming.
• Assist in planning and delivery of the Online Teaching Course.
• Coordinate the process for soliciting, vetting and selecting faculty for the various FCIP teaching excellence awards.
• Work with the FCIP Advisory Board to evaluate teaching award, grant programs and other Center programming and initiatives as needed.
• Assist in directing the planning and coordination of the semi-annual Focus on Teaching and Learning events.
• Help direct the planning, implementation, delivery, and potential expansion of the Ignatian Pedagogy Certificate program.
• Direct and expand the FCIP Ignatian Pedagogy Scholarship Grants program.
• Oversee the production of the Faculty Spotlight and Recognizing Excellence series on Center website
• Coordinate collaboration of Center with disciplines across the university focused on international outreach, leadership, and research on Ignatian Pedagogy.
• Organize and support the Loyola cohort of the Public Houses Greenhouse Op Ed Project
• Help secure funding for the various FCIP programs, through internal and external funding sources.
• PhD or equivalent
• At least 5 years’ experience teaching at the university level
Please apply online at: http://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/5368