HVAC Mechanic 3rd Shift Tues-Fri, 10PM-8:30AM
Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.
Under the direct supervision of the Shop Foreman, or other designated personnel, perform skilled journeyman level work in the maintenance, repair, and installation of refrigeration, heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems, and their controls.
* Minimum of five year's recent full-time experience as a Massachusetts Journeyman HVAC Mechanic working for a licensed contractor, or maintenance organization
* High school diploma
* Massachusetts Journeyman Refrigeration Mechanic's, and Oil Burner Mechanic's license
* Proficient knowledge and demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair HVAC and Refrigeration systems and controls.
* Must be able to read and understand plans, blueprints, and schematics related to HVAC and refrigeration systems.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently
* Ability to work from written or verbal instructions
* D.D.C controls troubleshooting and repair skills required
* Skills in the use of equipment and tools used in the trade
* Must hold and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator's license.
* Johnson Controls Metasys experience considered a plus
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
In order to be considered an official applicant of Boston College, please note that it is necessary to apply directly online at our site: www.bc.edu/bcjobs.