CRM Technical Manager
CRM Technical Manager
University of San Francisco
The University of San Francisco is looking for an experienced CRM Technical Manager to join our Application Services team with focus on the implementation and adoption of Salesforce. This position leads and manages technical resources to ensure on time delivery of projects, provides software architectural direction, and works closely with the Application Services Director and other university stakeholders to champion the SalesForce platform. This position works hand-in-hand with the project managers to achieve project goals and oversees a team of technical resources (combination of direct reports, offshore and onshore contractors). The services and resources include Oracle technologies, servers, application servers, which are components of the enterprise resource planning (ERP ) suite.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Provide and coordinate technical direction for the development, design and integration of the identified system platforms to meet university goals.
• Create detailed technical design documents.
• Document and develop code according to specifications and standards.
• Prepare test data, plan and conduct basic unit or module testing.
• Assist in data analysis and data migration.
• Perform analysis oversight and guidance of the designed solutions provided by technical staff.
• Manage technical resources as assigned; review work of team, keep team well informed of project/implementation changes and goals, identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change, manage the team’s progress against deliverables and milestones and revise them as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Develop work plans, goals, and objectives, and evaluates project progress in relation to unit activities.
• Manage and provide direction to technical contracting resources.
• Support the development lifecycle of identified systems and manage technical risks.
• Identify real and potential system deficiencies and implement effective solutions; escalates such issues as appropriate and in a timely fashion.
• Keep project managers well informed of the status of implementation and development efforts and serves as liaison between the technical team and project managers.
• Lead regular status meetings with the technical team to ensure development objectives are being achieved.
• Understand identified systems from a functional perspective in order to map requirements to technical features and keep current on related technology trends and advancements to aid in continual application life cycle improvements.
• Communicate effectively with business customers and project managers to identify needs and to evaluate potential technical solutions based upon those needs.
• Participate in planning and decision-making for the Application Services group.
• Respond to after-hours calls for the escalation and technical support of critical processes.
• Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead team members.
• Manage staff resources, including annual performance reviews, staff development and training plans.
• Help programming and administration staff resolve both technical problems as well as human resources issues.
• Participate in the group review, selection, and implementation of new cloud applications.
• Provide technical leadership and guidance in large scale projects such as new platform releases, major functional enhancements and module migrations.
• Keep IT management informed of project status and escalate issues as they arise.
• Regularly assess service quality and provide transparency to results.
• Oversee adherence to Application Services policies, procedures, and compliance obligations.
• Follow IT service management best practices and lead the continuous improvement of processes based upon the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL ).
• Assist in the development of the departmental/unit budget.
• Perform vendor evaluation and ratings.
• Prepare technical requirement elements for Request for Proposal (RFP ) processes.
• Participate in and/or support University-wide mission-focused activities and planning.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Requires a bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Science or 7-8 years working in progressively responsible technical positions.
- 3+ years’ experience implementing and administering CRM systems such as Salesforce, Siebel, NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics or SugarCRM.
- 4+ years’ experience managing application programming and implementation through a full life-cycle methodology including code reviews and change control practices.
- 4+ years’ experience with custom reporting, modifying pages, views and dashboards.
- 3+ years’ experience with Salesforce.com platform development.
- 3+ years’ experience introducing new cloud platform elements, processes and procedures.
- 3+ years’ experience working with workflows and triggers to automate tasks.
- 3+ years’ experience with XML -based web services technologies (SOAP , REST and JSON ).
- 5+ years’ experience in a customer facing role and proven ability to provide high-quality service to customers.
- 3+ years’ supervisory experience or as team lead.
- Strong working knowledge of the Salesforce technical environment and the various elements used to expand and integrate with both cloud platforms.
- Proven ability to understand underlying business problems in order to recommend appropriate technology-enabled solutions that address the needs of the business area and the overall strategic needs of the organization.
- Proven knowledge and success as a team leader, including supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust and seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; answering questions and providing direction to less-experienced staff; coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
- Proven project management skills, including Agile PM methodology.
- Knowledge of databases and proficiency in data manipulation and cleaning.
- Self-starter, strong analytical skills with ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to show flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities.
- Ability to think strategically while working through tactical short term priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially when working with functional users.
- Work flexible or extended hours and weekends as workload demands.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Salesforce Admin and/or developer certification preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce Lightning development
- Experience with Wave Analytics, Blue Kai, Eloqua, Exact Target or Marketo
- Experience using software version control tools such as GIT and GitHub.
- Salesforce Certification is highly desirable.
- ITIL foundations certification is highly desirable.
- SCRUM training is highly desirable.
- Background in Service Management, Asset Management and IT Management.
- Experience in a higher education environment. Display understanding of the higher education landscape including, challenges, opportunities, and compliance issues.
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: http://apptrkr.com/1123840
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.